9/06/2009

Chicago

We decided we should take a mini-vacation before Jess begins classes, so we made the four hour drive north to Chicago for the weekend. Jess found a great deal on a downtown hotel, the Palmer House.
Our hotel room. The rooms were small, but very unique. It was a couple of blocks walking distance to Lake Michigan.


Replica of the Sears Tower--the tallest building in the US.

Bryce at the top of the Sears Tower, right after he had a blowout. I changed him in the smallest space ever, besides an airplane changing table. Some German ladies were commenting on how cute he was and were surprised when I responded to them.

Views from the Observation Deck of the Sears Tower.




Bryce and my feet looking out the hanging plexi-glass cubicles, outside the main building structure, hovering 103 stories above street level.

The plexi-glass cubicles, recently added to the building.


After visiting the Sears Tower, we experienced delicious Chicago-style pizza at Giordano's.

At the Queen's Fountain

Soldier Field (where the Bear's play)

A sweet Limo we spotted at Soldier Field

After playing in the hotel's pool and hot tub, we were walking toward the Magnificent Mile and saw people boarding a boat for a sunset cruise. We spontaneously decided to go on the cruise too. Bryce slept warm and cozy the entire two hour trip. We had beautiful views of the city from Lake Michigan. It was a lot of fun.


Meanwhile on the trip, Bryce discovered his feet.

The next day, we drove to the Chicago temple. Here, Bryce is enjoying views from the sun roof of our car.

At the Chicago Temple.

2 comments:

Jake, Jenn and the Girls said...

Hey Buddy! Looks like you guys had a fun time in Chicago. Bryce is getting so big. What a cutie. I missed you by about a week. I was in Chicago visiting my sister. It is such a fun city. I'm glad you guys are doing well.

Ben and Sabrina said...

Apparently, I'm not the only one who thinks Bryce is cute. I had Joseph on my lap as I viewed your and he loved the pictures of your little guy.