On the other hand, I made the most delicious bread sticks. I got the recipe from a previous roommate, Savannah Blaylock. These are scrumptious. Not the most healthy, but I think I could possible start competing against Papa Johns on Jess' list of good bread sticks...
1 T yeast3 1/2 to 4 c flour
1 1/2 c water
2 T sugar
1/2 t salt
Spread:
1 cube butter
1/4 c mayonnaise
1/4 c Parmesan cheese
1/4 t parsley
1/4 t garlic salt
Soften yeast in 1/2 c warm water, mix sugar, salt, 1 c water, 3 1/2 c flour, add yeast. Blend well, add flour to form soft dough, knead 6-8 minutes. Cover 10 minutes. Grease cookie sheet, roll out dough, spread topping, cut, let raise almost double, then bake 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes. Enjoy! (This makes a lot of bread sticks, so be sure you have more than 2 people to eat them)
6 comments:
Those breadsticks look and sound really good. I think I'm just going to have to try and make them. Thank you for posting that recipe.
Vickie
hmm I can smell them now!
I make these all the time. Everyone loves them! Val and I can finish a pan off (with some for leftovers) all by ourselves. I have found though, that garlic powder in the spread makes them so they're not too salty.
Thanks for the breadsticks recipe. And I have to say--don't give up on homemade raisins just yet. My neighbor had tons of extra grapes on her vines this year, so I bottled a lot of grape juice and then tried my hand at making raisins. They were absolutely delicious. Maybe it's the type of grape; maybe it's getting them fresh from the vine.
I agree, don't give up on the raisins. My visiting teaching companion does them and gave us some-DELICIOUS! And nice breadstick recipe, I will have to try it and trick Grant with a different flavor! ps. as Grace learns to speak, we wonder if she wasn't meant to be born German, she says "nine" all the time! :) One day I'll have to call you and see if you can understand her!
Okay, two comments but I had to tell you that I tried your recipe for breadsticks and they ARE YUMMY!! My sister stopped by and got to try one and I had to send the recipe I had written down with her! Thanks for posting!
Post a Comment