5/10/2009

Bryce's Birth

Right before going to the hospital. Jess was actually working, but luckily my sister Amanda was in town and took me to the hospital. My water broke at 2:45 a.m., and we checked in at 3:30 a.m. I got an epidural at 5:00 a.m. I don't know how anybody has a baby without one! By 7 a.m. I was dilated to a 6, then at 9:30 a.m. I was complete. After 3 hours of pushing, the doctor said it was either forceps or a C-Section. So little Bryce came with forceps. He had the cord around his neck, and wasn't the best color. He was whisked away to the NICU to be checked out for a while.

Right after he was born.

Bryce was in the NICU for a couple of hours, getting high pressured oxygen to make sure his lungs were open and working.

Bryce did great in the NICU and was able to come to us four hours after he was born.

An excited grandpa. (First boy in the family)

My family came down to visit us in the hospital.


A proud daddy.

Going home from the hospital, May 7th. :)

6 comments:

Ben and Sabrina said...

Thanks for posting the pictures. You have one CUTE little guy on your hands! Good luck adjusting, I"m sure you do awesome, you always do!

CPA said...

So handsome!!! What a sweet baby!
Dally Crew

anderson's said...

Congratulations! He is perfect!

Tasha said...

We're so excited for you guys! Congrats! Grant is adorable!

Scott and Analisa said...

Wow! I was at a six when I got to the hospital and my water didn't break at all! Good work Sheena, so proud of you!

Travis and Mindi Eames said...

Sheena! You're so stinking cute and so tiny! Congrats on your baby boy! He is so adorable!