5/19/2011
Veggie Tales (and other foods)
Bryce had his 2-year-old check-up about a week ago. He hasn't gained any weight since his last appointment, which was about 6 months ago. He's a scrawny 23.9 lbs. (5th percentile for weight) and 34.5 inches tall (50th percentile for height). We have a long, skinny kid on our hands. The doctor had us take Bryce to have blood drawn to check kidney and liver function and to see if he was anemic--and thank goodness, everything came back normal. He is healthy as a horse--we just need to get some meat on his bones! Lately I have been spreading peanut butter, butter, frosting, or ranch dressing on EVERYTHING he eats. Any other ideas about how to help this kid put on some pounds?
He likes rolls--and I gave him one to eat while I was making spaghetti for dinner. He got his hands on some uncooked noodles and made himself a pre-birthday cake!
I also try to feed him a 1st and 2nd breakfast, 1st and 2nd lunch, and so on... Here he is, eating 2nd breakfast.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment