5/28/2011

Before and After--Bryce's Room

 Bryce's Room Before

 When we first moved into this apartment in Cincinnati, we had Bryce upstairs in our bedroom, which is on the 3rd floor of the house and was formerly the attic. It gets very hot up there in the summer and freezes in the winter, so we moved him down to the bedroom on the 2nd floor, where our living room, office, bathroom and kitchen are. This is the bedroom when we first moved in.

This was Bryce's corner of our bedroom on the 3rd floor.

For Bryce's room face lift, I painted this inherited dresser and got new hardware for it. Now I am kind of fond of it--after putting in all that work to make it look decent.


Bryce's Room After

I found the airplane on clearance at TJMaxx (that store will be the death of my bank account) and my sister Elyse sent me some fishing line (thank you!!) so I didn't have to buy a whole reel junst to hang it. Bryce loves the airplanes, so this was a big hit. I added 1 1/2" green ribbon to the Wal-Mart curtains we have had forever, giving them some revitalization. I sewed a bed skirt (not shown in this picture) that turned out better than I had hoped, and both of the quilts were sewn by my mom.

Bryce is tearing all the diapers out of the package while I was working on his room. While I was stapling the padded head board, I ran out of staples and had to buy more to finish it the project. You will notice the left side isn't quite right.  This is an "in progress" shot.

Mirror from TJMaxx, piggy bank was a baby shower gift, and lamp from Jess' nightstand. :)


1 comment:

Kimberly said...

cute! :) I always day dream about redoing my kids' rooms but I never get around to actually doing it.