4/05/2009

Hawaii!!!!

Yay! We were able to go to Hawaii during the last week I could travel by air. We had such a blast! We stayed near Waikiki, and enjoyed walking on the beach the first day there.

We met up with Logan and Lisa, friends from Idaho. :) Lisa and I, both expecting.

Jess and Logan

Enjoying a parade on Waikiki which exhibited talents from all over the world. This was the Chinese segment. The little kids were adorable under the fire dragons.

View of a rainbow from our balcony.

Jess and I on Waikiki, Monday morning. It was a beautiful day and so nice not to be in cold weather at home!

By the statue of "Duke" the famous surf boarder.

At Hanauma Bay. I had a blast snorkeling. We soaked up some sun and just relaxed. It was so nice!

Hanauma Bay


Driving up the east coast of Oahu to Chinaman's Hat. The greenery was incredible.

At Chinaman's Hat.


Visiting the Dole Plantation.

34 Weeks!



You may not know this, but pineapples grow on low plants from the ground. Each plant yields four pineapples in three years, then it has to be replanted. I learned something at the plantation. :)

Yum! The pineapple ice cream with fresh pineapple on it was the best!

At the Laie Hawaii Temple, which is closed for another year for renovations. It is a beautiful place.

The canoe shoe at the Polynesian Cultural Center (PCC). We had great seats!


A coconut tree climber from the Samoan exhibit. This was one of our favorites because of the hilarious small Samoan in charge of the Samoan "village" as they are known at the PCC.

Lisa and I with the hilarious small Samoan.

At Kailua Beach park, probably our favorite beach. It became cloudy while we were there, but was a beautiful place.

Kailua Beach

Beautiful view of the north shore of the island from Pali's Lookout on the Pali highway.


Pali's Lookout

Poor Jess sprained his ankle badly playing basketball right before we came to Hawaii. He had a sore and very swollen ankle the whole trip. He was a trooper though.

At the USS Arizona Memorial at Pearl Harbor. This is a sobering place to visit, but very neat.

USS Arizona Memorial



After visiting Pearl Harbor, we headed north again. There were not as many surfers out as usual, because the weather wasn't too cooperative. We headed to Waimea Falls and Beach next.

Logan and Jess harassing the peacocks at Waimea Falls. It was pretty fun to do and easy to get the birds to show off their feathers.

Waimea Falls.

A neat beach just outside of Haleiwa with lots of sea turtles.

Our last night in Hawaii. We had such a good time and can't wait to go back!

10 comments:

Katie M. said...

Oh my oh my that looks like a complete blast! You did a lot! Wow. If I ever get over to that island, I am referring to this post! I love all your pictures. Thanks for sharing!

Grant and Christine said...

Fun, Fun, Fun- I enjoy seeing the pictures of things I'll probably never see in person :) You're still cute!!

Nicole said...

Wow! That looks so fun!!!! The pictures are gorgeous, I can only imagine how it would be in person! You look so cute! Cute clothes by the way!

The CEO said...

OOOH! How fun. I'm so glad you could go. Very cool. Shanna

Vickie Robertson said...

That looked like such a fun vacation! I'm glad you got to go do that before the baby comes. I love your pictures!!!! I can't wait to see you this Saturday.

Vickie

Emily said...

Looks like SUCH a fun trip! you did a ton of fun things, and I'm so jealous. I can never get enough of Hawaii! Glad you had so much fun!!

Cami said...

Lucky! I'm so excited for your baby shower!

Gardner Grafix said...

I love Hawaii what a great last vacation. So glad you got to go:) BTW if I haven't said it Congrats!! It is the most amazing experience ever and you will be fabulous parents. So glad for technology so we can stay up to date on everyone.

Ben and Sabrina said...

Wow you guys are really living it up before you have your baby! I'm glad you guys had such a great time.

Paul and Nicole Rhien said...

Looks like fun. You really don't look like you're going to have a baby in a few weeks! Glad you could have one last hoorah before the baby comes.