1/11/2009

Christmas Happenings


We had a great Christmas. It was different than any other year, but neat. I had time to reflect on what it is all about, and that is what is most important. We were able to go to Idaho the weekend before Christmas, then we worked the week of. We both worked Christmas Eve, crashed Christmas morning, and didn't open presents until 4 p.m. My aunt invited us over for Christmas dinner and we had a nice time. Jess was back at work that evening. We went to Idaho again on New Year's Day.


O Tanenbaum, O Tanenbaum... Our Christmas tree looks the same as it did the past two years, but hey, I still like to take a picture. Christmas always makes me miss Germany. Christmas there is huge, and my last Christmas there, in '05, was amazing. No where else in the world do you find Christmas Markets in every central area of every city with all sorts of yummy food and neat decorations.


My grandma has been giving us a part of the Willow Tree Nativity Scene each year. It has been a fun tradition and is nearly complete.

Two days after Christmas. One major drawback to having a real tree...

2 comments:

JK said...

That is really neat that she is giving it to you a piece at a time, its a beautiful nativity. I love your tree, its beautiful. yeah, the mess isn't so fun, however. thanks for sharing the baby bump picture, you look waaaay cute. I'm so excited for you cause I know you will be the most amazing mom. he's probably trying to practice his cross over so he can impress dad when he finally gets out of mom's tummy (that's what J always told me at least, hehe)you can't really practice shooting till you have a ball so foot work will have to do. Watch out for jumping jacks, I swear Jared had an aerobic routine he did every night at the same time.

Ben and Sabrina said...

Wow Sheena, you look amazing! It's always exciting when you can finally proclaim that you really are pregant and not just making it up. As for your tree looking the same, chalk it up to having great memories of it. Good luck to Jess with what ever school you guys chose to go to!