10/05/2008

Bryce Canyon

We found out from our shuttle driver that Bryce Canyon actually is not a canyon at all. It is an Amphitheater. If you have been to Bryce before, you are probably aware of this. If you have not been to Bryce Canyon National Park, you need to go and see this Amphitheater. It is amazing!


This is on the Queen's Garden trail, the most common trail hiked by visitors, and the easiest. It connects to the Navajo Loop trail, which is a little more strenuous, but not much more.
Wildlife at Bryce Canyon. These little guys loved Jess' leftover sunflower seed shells. :)
Navajo Trail Loop
Bryce "Amphitheater"

This is where we stayed the night in Panguitch. It was a little apartment/bed and breakfast above Bronco Bobbi's (an Espresso/boutique) on Main Street in Panguitch. It was a very nice little place.
These are some of the views on the drive back home on Highway 12. It is a gorgeous route to take if you have never driven on it. It adds about 1 1/2 hours to your trip, but it is worth it. The scenery kept me awake!

5 comments:

Emily said...

Sheena! When were you at Bryce? We were just there last weekend! Oh, we missed you! I was also born in Panguitch!!!
It looks like you had wonderful weather! It has snowed up the mountain this weekend so I guess winter is beginning! Anywho your trip looked like fun! Take care!

Megan said...

Sheena, while getting your masters have you had time to take up photography? Your pictures are amazing! I hope one day I can be as amazing as you.

Grant and Christine said...

Cool canning! I didn't do tomatoes this year because I still had some left over from last year! How silly is that, opposites we are! Also, Bryce Canyon looks great! Grant and I went to Zions and the Grand Canyon for our honeymoon, looking back I wish we would have gotten the threesome ticket deal and gone to Bryce as well! Fun, Fun, Fun! Next time come to Boise and I'll show you the sites :)

Grant and Stacy said...

Hey Sheena! Looks like you had a fun trip. That's 1 thing I miss about Utah, the beautiful scenery and the nice weather. But that only lasts for 4 months out of the year! I was trying to see Tricia's blog, but it's secure. I don't even have her email. Will you have her add me? grantmclark@gmail.com Or have her email me stacylauraclark@hotmail.com thanks!

Nicole said...

Those are beautiful pictures! Looks like you are having fun and saying busy. We are hoping you hear from Pitt soon.