10/21/2007

Connecticut and New York

Covidien (a medical supply company in North Haven, Connecticut) sent Nora, one of the ladies I work with, and I, along with 18 other nurses and techs across the nation to a conference where we toured the plant and learned about their products. Jess held down the fort at home and worked, even though I really wanted to pack him with me.

I did complete the conference and even slept through parts of it...


Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut


We stayed at a hotel right on Yale's campus. One afternoon I was able to explore a little bit and enjoy this beautiful and historical school.

From the conference in Connecticut, we took a train to Grand Central Station in New York (it only cost $14 one way, I was imnpressed) and were able to spend a couple of days in the Big Apple. Here we are in Times Square before the show that we went to.

On the Staten Island Ferry. We discovered that Staten Island is actually a lot bigger than one would think.

Great view from the ferry.


Staten Island bridge

Nora and a kind lady that gave us tips on New York safety. :)

Times Square from Madame Tussaud's Wax Museum.

We met quite a few celebrities in New York.



Manhattan at night on a night city tour.


Ground Zero.

Ground Zero and the Deutsche Bank building that has too many carcinogens inside it to tear down. At this point, the city is just trying to keep it from falling to the ground and don't know what else to do with it.

Central Park lake. Does anyone know the real name?


Nora and I in the Metropolitan Museum of Art.

The Metropolitan Museum of Art. We spent about 3 hours inside and only saw a few corners of the museum. Go there with lots of time, and after a good meal.



1 comment:

Ann-Marie said...

What a blast! That's great that your work will provide you with these kinds of opportunities. How fun.