About a month ago, Bryce and I were up early on a Saturday, so we finally got around to checking out Sharon Woods, a large park about 15 minutes away. They were holding a Civil War Commemorative weekend, since the Civil War began 150 years ago, this year. It was soooo cool!!!! Here we are with Abraham Lincoln...
Confederate soldiers
Union troops
There were staged battles later in the afternoon, but I didn't stay to battle the heat plus a tired two-year-old. Two many battles for me!
There were staged battles later in the afternoon, but I didn't stay to battle the heat plus a tired two-year-old. Two many battles for me!
Bryce, making sure I take a picture of the horses
Yes, I got a picture of the horses
The city of Cincinnati has moved 8-9 historical buildings over the years to the Heritage Museum, inside Sharon Woods. This train station was moved from another area of town, along with the Post Office, a church, a store, and several homes. Only one of the buildings in the Heritage Museum is in its original building site.
It was so neat to see everyone in character. I didn't see any Nikes, watches, or anything out of place as far as costumes are concerned. They did an immaculate job. I asked some of the ladies how they were faring with the long dresses and they said it wasn't bad--that the breeze was nice. :)
Civil War era tents housed 3-4 men/tent. A lot of the people dressed in character had spent the night in these tents.
Bryce and I enjoyed ourselves and had a good Saturday morning!
No comments:
Post a Comment