3/11/2008

Pastorero Taco Grill

So, Jess and I found the best Mexican food ever! Jess served his mission in Mexico City, where a dish called Tacos al Pastor was one of his favorites. We ask every time we eat at a Mexican restaurant (often, since I love Mexican food!) if they serve Tacos al Pastor. These restaurants have been in Utah, Idaho, and even Mexico itself (Puerto Vallarta, Acapulco)! The answer has sadly been "no," and it wasn't only Jess that was disappointed. This all changed recently. Jess was sooooo excited when we got a mailer advertising a new restaurant on University Parkway in Provo, boasting traditional Mexico City favorites including Tacos al Pastor!!! Jess was excited and I was thrilled to try out a new Mexican restaurant. We ate there the day after getting the mailer and were not disappointed! The restuarant is reasonably priced, has delicious authentic Mexican food (including Tacos al Pastor, tortas, palletas, quesadillas), has awesome decorations and paint job, and great service. You need to try the $5.99 Tacos al Pastor! We already frequent the place, so we'll see you there!

The meat for the Tacos al Pastor is cooked on this rotisserie. Delish!

7 comments:

The Wood Monkeys said...

HMM!! I can't wait to try it!

Nicole said...

It was so fun to see you two! Food look amazing!

Cassie Mickelsen said...

That food looks so yummy! How have you and Jess been? I was bummed that I didn't get to go see everyone at the game. I had family in town. Tell Jess hi. Hope everything is going great for you two!
I met Lezlee through a friend I went to high school with. They lived together in college and were in your nursing class. Small world.

Paula said...

Tad and I want to come ... looks and sounds great! We have a blog too ... tandphegsted.blogspot.com ...

Marissa said...

Luke and I L-O-V-E Tacos Al Pastor! Those pics looked rather tasty. On our honeymoon in Puerto Vallarta we ate those everyday! Does this restaurant have liquados?

Nicole said...

Yum! There are some good Mexican places to eat here...especially since New Mexico really should be called "little Mexico":)

Grant and Christine said...

MMmmmm, I love mexican food as well. Did you take those pictures yourself? That would be a funny site, you in a restaurant with a camera! They'd think you were food critics or something!